Pages

Monday, June 30, 2014

It All Came Back

Every. Single. Pound.

Why? Well, it's easy when you stop working out. I just gave up over the winter and realized what a huge mistake it was when I gained all my weight back and then some. My self pity is at an all time high right now. My so-called "friends" who said that they would be with me through this whole thing and I thought would never leave me...have done just that. My motivation is gone. My hope of being at my goal weight, shot completely down.

I have a list of excuses that any normal human being would never fault me for not working out. Unfortunately, I am not a normal person so I blame myself for everything and take it all to heart that I am a failure. Well, I am tired of writing about my failures. It doesn't do me any good and it's boring for you so this is my new "I can do it" post instead.

I am in nursing school. Not only is it a hell of a different level it is the most difficult thing I have ever done in my entire life. Yet, it is the most rewarding thing I have ever done as well. It takes up, literally, all of my time. I haven't seen my family since August of last year when I started. A normal day of school and work can run from wake to sleep time: 0430 to 2300 if I am lucky. Since nearly all of my time is dedicated to studies I have not had time to workout, run, or even eat normally. It's time to get back into action.

I am motivated by one thing right now. I simply cannot be that nurse that consistently tells people they should lose weight and be over 200 lbs myself. It just doesn't convey that "trust me because I know what I am talking about" kind of thing. It's like a smoker telling another smoker that smoking will kill you, no kidding? Is that why you still do it?

So here it is. I am buying a Fitbit, I have done my research on it and I know that it is not completely accurate but it is something to give me some motivation to get active. It's mostly because of that competitive gene that I have that I am getting one. So that I can compete with my nursing school buddies who have one. I must do better than them. I bought a treadmill so that even if it's raining (which it does a lot here in NC during the summer) I can still take a walk or a run. I bought a bike so I don't have to run all the time. Yes, running gets boring if you are doing the same route every day and never run with friends anymore because they gave up on you. Every chance I get I am going to be moving instead of sitting. That hour spent watching TV at night will be spent still watching TV but moving on the treadmill instead.

Pity party is over as of tonight. Tomorrow I will turn on the Fitbit and get to working. I will track everything I do on Myfitnesspal app and I will drink my fruit smoothies and water all day. Wish me luck, or don't. Either way I am doing this without my "friends" and I will definitely keep the rest of you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment